Can you believe it is already the end of March?! It feels like the new year has just begun *and* we are closing in on the first quarter of 2019. How is the year unfolding for you?
The end of a quarter is a key time to check in with, reassess, and realign with any goals and support you may have set for yourself at the beginning of the year. It may be time to add more support into your plan for the year. I love supporting my clients and would be happy to have the chance to support you!
Please don’t confuse Rocking Your Goals with your VALUE. You are worthy, regardless of any goals you may have. There is only one YOU in the world! And the world needs you to shine your light more than ever.
If you want to rock your goals, it is important to set aside some time to assess and re-evaluate every so often. Before you dive in, make sure that you can be fully present with yourself for this process. Take a few breaths, ground yourself and get as fully present as possible. Here’s a meditation that you can listen to before diving into your review process.
Questions to help you to Rock YOUR Goals:
- Where am I at with this goal?
- How do I feel about my progress to date?
- Is the goal still important to me?
- Why is it important to me? (This is part of “Compelling Why” and perhaps most important question!)
- Is it a smart goal? (S=specific, M=measurable, A=achievable, R= realistic, T=timely)
- Do I want to stick to this goal? Ditch it? Make some adjustments?
- What progress have I made?
- How do I allow myself to feel good about my progress?
- Have I given myself enough love and support?
- Can I forgive myself for not making as much progress as I wanted to?
- What steps can I take now, even if I don’t feel good about my progress?
Review your answers and make adjustments to your goals as needed. Try to have fun and enjoy the journey. Take some time to smell some of the flowers along the way!
If you rocked your goals, kudos to you!! Please do something special to celebrate. It may seem silly, but the more positive reinforcement you can give yourself, the easier it will be to move forward with your desired changes. Keep going! Be kind to you. Remember to connect in with your “Compelling Why” every day! Holler if you get stuck or need support.
If you are not where you had hoped to be at this point in the year, please don’t give up! Instead, remind yourself often of your “compelling why”, your reason for getting up in the morning.
Your perspective can either support you or derail you. Now is the time to pay attention to your perspective. It’s not the time to get down on yourself with thoughts about failure. Focus on self kindness. Think about breaking your goals down into smaller, more manageable chunks. Ask yourself a few of the questions above and don’t be afraid to adjust your goals as needed. Developing patience, accountability, and a realistic roadmap for ourselves is a practice. Focus on the progress you have made. It may not be easy to see the progress, but the more you can shift your perception to focus on progress, not perfection – the better!
The thoughts you think can either assist you or derail you. Watch your thoughts. Learn to reframe the thoughts to shift your perspective. Change is not always linear; sometimes it is two steps forward and one step backwards. It truly is a journey. Each step is important and a potential learning opportunity. The more love and kindness you can extend to yourself the more you will supercharge your life and your goals. Support can make a huge difference. Don’t be afraid to ask for more support.
If you need support and accountability with goals or self-care, I have two offers for you:
- Real, permanent change can be scary. Support is here for you. Click hereto schedule a complimentary strategy call with me here. What have you got to lose?
- Join our Women Helping Women group for the month of April. Our group meets on Mondays at 6:00 PM Pacific time. The cost of the group is $25.00 each week, but for the month of April we are offering your first session for free. If interested, you can respond to this email and I will hook you up!
Rocking our goals is empowering, motivating and invigorating! It starts with believing in ourselves and our ability to impact our world. It‘s about having a plan, following it, and simply taking the next step. And then the next step. It takes fierce commitment and the wisdom to know when to push and when to be gentle. Learning how to support ourselves can be hard, uncomfortable and scary…and also incredibly rewarding and well worth the effort. Wishing you a very wonderful Spring aligned with your soul’s goals. I’d love to hear how you are doing!
Leave a Reply